Dairy Chef 2019 - They have reached the final! [fr]
Last 13th February, the jury composed of the French Embassy in Ireland, the National Dairy Council (NDC), the Centre interprofessionnel de l’économie laitière (Cniel), the Irish Embassy in France, the Higher Education Authority and Campus France selected the 10 finalists for the Dairy Chef competition.
After a difficult selection between 27 institutions in France and Ireland and 20 delicious menus, 5 Irish students and 5 French students have finally been chosen for their outstanding skills and originality and they will travel to Paris for the Dairy Chef Final Cook Off event next 3rd April :
Congratulations to the Irish students :
- Danay Berhane – Cork IT
- Hope Cuddihy – Waterford IT
- Chris Leech – TU Dublin School of Culinary Arts and Food Technology
- Gavin Pope – TU Dublin Tallaght Campus
- Paula Wardziak – Galway Mayo IT
And congratulations to the French students:
- Vincent Bigioni – Institut Paul Bocuse
- Agathe Dupont – Lycée Château des Coudraies
- Luca Konczak – CFA Médéric
- Médéric Louchart – Lycée Jessé de Forest
- Marion Toussine – Université de Cergy-Pontoise
The finalists will meet on Wednesday 3rd April, in the CFA Médéric [20 Rue Médéric, 75017 Paris].
Five teams, each one made up of a French finalist and an Irish finalist, will have to create a 3-course menu using dairy ingredients.
And which ingredients will they use? That will remain a mystery until the last moment, when all will be revealed on the day!
The teams will required to present their dishes in front of a prestigious jury whose membership comprises:
- H.E. Mrs Patricia O’Brien, Ambassador of Ireland to France
- Ms Sonia Ezgulian, French Chef at the Sardines Filantes, in Lyon
- Ms. Clare Greenhalgh, European Project Manager at Cniel
- Ms. Cathy Curran, Communication Manager at National Dairy Council
Exciting prizes are offered to the winners including a week-long "stage" within a prestigious restaurant in Paris, at Chapter One Restaurant or Patrick Guilbaud restaurant in Dublin.