Mar 2018 / Dairy Chef Contest 2018 - Meet the finalists! [fr]
Meet the Dairy Chef 2018 finalists!
A total of ten students - Five French and five Irish - have been selected to take part in the Dairy Chef Competition 2018, in partnership with Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), the National Dairy Council (NDC), Cniel and Airfrance.
Here are the French Finalists
- Pierre-Louis Delacroix, Université de Cergy-Pontoise
- Elise Ibars, Lycée des Métiers de Lautréamont
- Brice Lallement, Lycée des Métiers de Bazeilles
- Briac Le Roy, Lycée hôtelier de la Rochelle
- Florine Seguin, Ensemble scolaire Sacré-Coeur de St Chély d’Apcher en Lozère
Here are the Irish Finalists
- James Gavin, Dublin Institute of Technology
- Rourke Griffin, Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Adam Leahy, Athlone Institute of Technology
- Derek Mc Clelland, Waterford Institute of Technology
- Keith Moroney, Cork Institute of Technology
The finalists will meet on Wednesday 21st of March, Good France day, at DIT, Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin 1.
Five teams, each one made up of a French finalist and an Irish finalist, will have to create a 3-course menu using dairy ingredients.
And which ingredients will they use? That will remain a mystery until the last moment, when all will be revealed on the day !
The teams will required to present their dishes in front of a prestigious jury whose membership comprises:
- H.E. Stéphane Crouzat, Ambassador of France to Ireland
- Chef Ross Lewis, owner at Chapter One Restaurant
- Chef Patrick Guilbaud, owner at Patrick Guilbaud Restaurant
- Ms. Cathy Curran, Communication Manager at National Dairy Council
- Ms. Clare Greenhalgh, European Project Manager at Cniel
Exciting prizes are offered to the winners including a week-long "stage" within the prestigious kitchen of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Paris, at Chapter One Restaurant or Patrick Guilbaud restaurant.
Stay tuned and connect with us bu using #DairyChef18 hashtag!