France Alumni Ireland: let’s get started! [fr]
France Alumni Ireland network was launched on the 20th of June 2017 during a event-reception in Alliance française de Dublin.
Initiated in November 2014, France Alumni is a network that assembles all alumni who undertook their studies in France. More than 62,000 alumni subscribed to the global platform.
At the "France Alumni Evening", event on 20th of June 2017, the Irish branch France Alumni was launched. Various organisations and people spoke during this evening:
- Mr. Lionel PARADISI-COULOUMA, deputy-Ambassador at the French Embassy in ireland, opened the event, focusing on the links between France and Ireland in academic cooperation where almost 700 Irish students choose France every year as a destination country as part of the Erasmus+ Programme. Thus, France is the favorite destination for Irish students throughout the European programme. In addition, other 600 students, without exchange programmes, go to France every year.
- Ms. Cliona MCGOWAN, director of the France-Ireland Chamber of Commerce, outlined the economic and business links between the two countries. 145 members belong to this network.
- Ms. Margot SLATTERY and Ms. Julianne FORRESTAL, CEO and Executive Craft Chief at Sodexo Ireland, paid particular attention to the significant development of the French company in Ireland.
- Last but not least, Mr. Barry SCANLON and Ms. Fionnuala EGAN, two alumni, shared their Erasmus experience.
The scope of the network?
- Finding or reconnecting with former international students
- Exchanging with former students, creating discussion groups
- Knowing about events related to France
- Staying connected with the economic and professional world
60 people attended this friendly evening; professionals, students, academics and alumni.
On the evening of this event, France Alumni Ireland counted 128 members registered on the online platform. Future networking evenings will take place every three months.
Join the network by subscribing to France Alumni Ireland!