Missions of the Scientific and Academic service [fr]
The Scientific and Academic service is part of the Cultural Service (SCAC - Service de Coopération et d’Action Culturelle) of the Embassy of France in Ireland. It aims at fostering cooperation in science and academia.
It has a number of specific missions, including:
- keeping track of science and technology in Ireland;
- improving science and technology exchanges between France and Ireland;
- promoting French higher education.
The service acts in the majority of scientific areas, laying emphasis on the following topics complemented by the transversal theme of climate change:
- digital technology;
Humanities are also of particular interest to the service.
The Scientific and Academic service publishes two scientific bulletins:
- One towards France, about Ireland’s latest science and academic news - register here
- One towards Ireland, about France’s latest science and academic news (call for projects e.g.) - register here
The Service also regularly publishes reports and articles:
- providing information about upcoming events in France and in Ireland;
- broadcasting calls for projects from France, Ireland and the European Union allowing the development of French-Irish partnerships.
SCAC’s primary objective is to encourage the emergence of new areas of scientific and technological cooperation and mobility between both countries.
In this framework, SCAC endeavours to promote and intensify bilateral scientific exchanges, in all areas. To this end, it takes account of the research priorities shared by the two countries, the need to place these activities in the wider context of the European research area and facilitates the signing of agreements between higher education institution from France and Ireland.
Particularly, the Service:
- develops scientific exchanges of excellence between research institutions from both countries, especially through the Ulysses programme;
- provides support to PhD students registered in a cotutelle or cosupervised scheme between both countries;
- supports the mobility of French researchers working to apply for European projects with an Irish partner;
- organises and supports seminars, forums and outreach events to promote French know-how and French-Irish relations.
In order to promote France’s scientific, research and university image in Ireland, SCAC endeavours to present and promote the possibilities offered by the French Higher Education:
- it provides information about the French education system;
- itpromotes higher education system, and international mobility of students and professionals, especially though the Campus France Branch which aims at promoting higher education, welcoming students and professionals and promoting international mobility. A Facebook page is also available!
To contact us:
Email address: science[a]ambafrance-ie.org
Phone number: (0)1 277 5054
Email address: academic[a]ambafrance-ie.org
Phone number: (0)1 277 5056