Summer scholarship for French Teachers - 2017
In the interests of supporting continuing professional development for post-primary teachers of French, the Department of Education and Skills and the Cultural Service of the French Embassy offer this year again a number of scholarships to attend an in-service course during the summer.
The in-service courses offered have enabled teachers to up-skill themselves both linguistically and pedagogically in addition to affording them opportunities to engage with other Irish teachers of French.
There are 2 types of scholarships offered:
- scholarships for a 2 weeks in-service course in France (July or August)
- scholarship for a 5 days in-service course at The Alliance Française de Dublin (June 26th - 30th)
Applications are to be filled online only, before April 9th 2017.
In-service training in France will take place in Vichy at the CAVILAM in July or in August (2 weeks of training)
For programme and module description visit : http://www.cavilam.com/rubrique/programmes-et-tarifs/formations-pour-professeurs-de-fle/stages-a-la-carte/
In-service training in Dublin will take place in:
Alliance française de Dublin, 1 Kildare Street, Dublin 2
From Monday 26th June 2016 to Friday 30th, 2017
Cost and Expenses
Costs and Expenses for France :
The scholarship from the Department of Education and Skills and the French Embassy covers : the registration fees, social and medical insurance, and a living allowance to cover part of the teachers’ accommodation and meals, the return train ticket between your point of arrival in France and the CAVILAM.
To be paid by the teacher: Trip from Ireland , Optional cultural activities, Personal expenses
Costs and Expenses for Ireland:
The scholarship from the Department of Education and Skills and the French Embassy covers : Registration fees
Teachers living more than 60 Km away from Dublin will receive an allowance towards accommodation expenses in Dublin.
Who can apply?
In order to maximise the benefits of a limited resource through the subsequent delivery of the French curriculum by the teacher in the classroom and the dissemination of best practice with subject colleagues, the criteria for selection are in the following order:
- The applicant has a primary degree in French and is fully registered with the Teaching Council.
- The applicant has a permanent whole-time position or a contract of indefinite duration (CID) for eighteen hours or more in his/her school or is on secondment from such a position.
- The teacher has been teaching for a minimum of four years.
- The applicant in a temporary whole-time or regular part-time position has a definite contract of employment for the following year. (Applicants in temporary whole-time or regular part-time positions who do not have a definite contract of employment at the time of application can also apply and be considered once they inform the committee that such a contract has been issued. In the event of the selection already been completed they can be considered for the waiting list).
- A significant proportion of the applicant’s timetable is devoted to the teaching of French.
- The applicant has not benefited from a scholarship to France in the last four years.
- The quality of the personal statement.
Teachers can apply to both scholarships (in that case please fill both application forms and state which in-service you would prefer )
How to apply :
Applications are to be filled online - before April 9th 2017 .
NOTE THAT THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT FORMS
Application form for the in-service in France : https://goo.gl/forms/5S5pBiIKL5PGqrmV2
Application form for the in-service in Dublin : https://goo.gl/forms/Sv0veR2L9gshgw9K2
All selected applicants will be notified at the beginning of May. More information will then be forwarded.
For further information please contact: linguistic[at]ambafrance-ie.org or 01 277 50 55